The Disney Encyclopedia - letter I

In this blog we are going to look at the 'Disney A to Z The Official Encyclopedia Sixth Edition' which is written by 'Disney Legend Dave Smith and Steven Vagnini'.

This blogs letter is 'I', there is so much in each letter that there will be multiple blogs of each letter.


1. I Am Groot: this was a TV original short-form series which aired on Disney+. It was digitally released on August 10th 2022. It is set after the events of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (2014). It is about Groot taking his first steps out of his pot.

2. I Am Number Four: this is a film about an extraordinary teenager called John Smith. He is a fugitive on the run from otherworldly enemies. This was the first DreamWorks motion picture distributed by Disney under a deal that was announced in 2009. It was released on February 18th 2011 in the U.S.

3. I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away: this is a song from Toy Story 4. It was written/performed by Randy Newman and was nominated for an Academy Award.


4. I Captured the King of the Leprechauns: this was a TV show that aired on May 29th 1959. It was directed by Robert Stevenson and Harry Keller. It was a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of 'Darby O'Gill and the Little People'. Walt Disney and Pat O'brien star in the show. Walt learns Irish traditions and customs from Pat and then goes to Ireland and meets King Brian of the Leprechauns and Darby O'Gill. He loves the stories and decides to invite them back to California to star in his film.

5. I didn't do it: this was a TV comedy series on the Disney Channel, which premiered on January 17th 2014. It is about fraternal twin sister and brother, Lindy and Logan and their 3 best friends - Jasmine, Garrett and Delia, going on adventures.

6. I don't want to Miss a Thing: this is a song from 'Armageddon', and was written by Diane Warren and performed by Aerosmith. It was nominated for an Academy Award.


7. I Just Can't Wait to Be King: this is a song from 'The Lion King' and was written by Elton John and Tim Rice.

8. I Love Trouble: this was a film about Sabrina Peterson, who is a cub reporter on a Chicago newspaper. She works against Peter Brackett who works for a rival newspaper. This film was released on June 29th 1994 and was directed by Charles Shyer.

9. i Santi: this is fine leather goods that could be found in Italy at the EPCOT Center. It opened around October 1st 1982 and closed in 1985. (It was replaced by La Bottega Italiana).


10. I See the Light: this is a song from the film 'Tangled'. It was written by Glenn Slater and Alan Menken. Also it was nominated for an Academy Award.

There is a look at the first section of the letter I from the Disney Encyclopedia. Which fact were you most interested in, please let me know in the comments below or on Instagram or X.

(All photos are taken from the 'Disney A to Z The Official Encyclopedia Sixth Edition').

Comments

Popular Posts